Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The day is almost here

If you're reading this blog, you know the deal: I quit my job a few weeks ago and I'm about to start my travels around the world. First stop: Southeast Asia. In just a few days, I fly into Bangkok and plan to visit Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos. My goal is to post pictures and random commentary at least once a week. (If I don't post anything for a long time, there's a good chance I've been kidnapped and harvested for organs, so please contact the local U.S. embassy in the country of my most recent post and request that they look for me. Thanks.)

As always, if you have any suggestions on places/things to visit, please let me know.

Until my next post, so long.

3 comments:

  1. Dave,

    You are officially in my "blog reel"...yes, I have a reel of blogs that I look at every day. Yours is now at the top of the list. I can't wait to hear about your adventures and I hope that Geoff and I can join you at some exotic location someday for a brief "bumming"...fortunately, I really like my job and helping the little children and my 5 year old self is slack-jawed that I ended up with a Ph.D. and not as a McDonalds Manager.

    Your friend,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. David:

    As someone who knew your five-year-old self, let me just say that I don't remember the profanity. ;)

    I'm looking forward to following your journey, most likely from a computer screen much like the one from which you recently unshackeled yourself. May your quest bring you boundless joy and fulfillment. You deserve no less.

    You may or may not recognize these words, but they seem apt: "Faring thee well now/Let your life proceed by its own design/Nothing to tell now/Let the words be yours, I am done with mine."

    Bon voyage,
    Mike Sievers

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to be in on at least the first part of the adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete